CATKit Arduino Communications Shield
The Cat kit is a DIY long-distance communication shield for Arduino boards. Paired with the remote Kitten modules, the Cat allows you to receive sensor data and send control signals up to 100m (330') over Cat5e cabling.Note: Requires assembly and minimum 1 Kitten board. Arduino Uno or similar board required (not included).
- Operating Voltage: 5 VDC
- Supply Voltage: 7.5-12VDC (9V nominal) @ 1A
- Max Current Supplied: 950mA
- Max Current (per Kitten board): 500mA
- Digital Channels: D0-D11
- Analog Channels: A0-A5
- Channels: 3x RJ45 @ 6 channels/port = 18 channels
- Max Distance (Analog): 100m @ 0.125V voltage drop
- Max Distance (Digital): 35m (I2C), 50m (SPI), 75m (1-wire)
- Max Distance (Serial): 50-100m (9600 baud Tx/Rx)
- Dimensions: 2.8 x 2.13"